We have recruited James Annetts to build and deliver a Teacher Recruitment service and offer to all schools across Scarborough, Whitby and Filey. This is funded for 2 years and is completely free for all schools.
James works for North Yorkshire County Council; before that he worked for Academies Enterprise Trust and is a Primary Governor and Secondary Governor in Barnsley.
To date through the project, he has:
- Worked with 11 secondary and primary schools and built solid relationships with senior leaders, PGCE providers and HR colleagues.
- Dealt with 21 vacancies with 95% of them filled first time (the other 2 were filled from within the school and via a temporary supply teacher), 100% filled in total.
- Filled 5 teaching posts with teachers from talent pools established from outside the area.
- Filled 9 posts in total with no advertising costs.
- Attracted and recruited 10 teachers from out of the area, who will be relocating from Newcastle, Doncaster, Leeds, London, Redcar and Cleveland (48% out of area).
- Schools supported have 100% staffing for September.
“James has revolutionised our recruitment approach. 35 applicants for our teaching vacancy was virtually unheard of before”. Ruth Blamires (Headteacher at Friarage Primary – speaking at the East Area PLN meeting)
“James has been brilliant for us and can suggest options when you feel you’ve explore all avenues”. Helen Isaac (Headteacher at Seton Community Primary)
Contact James on firstname.lastname@example.org